Something I'm working on ...
(04-25-2017, 08:59 AM)bbjimmy Wrote: This is looking really nice! Good work.

Thanks. The next step will be to write a template picker, so the user can choose between a number of prewritten templates rather than always starting from scratch. For example, a basic text editor, a simple box with one textcontrol and one button, and so on.

I'm writing this as a separate utility, for the idea is that it will work with both Yabdabbadoo and the official IDE.

[Image: yabTemplatePicker.png]

The long-term goal is still to have something that will let you design yab apps graphically, but that is very long-term: it is likely to end up bigger than Yabadabbdoo itself.
(04-24-2017, 10:22 AM)bbjimmy Wrote: I have added many new tags and am in the process of better documentation:

I've been thinking of how I can add HTML preview to Rondel and it looks like you did half the work already. Can I look at your code for inspiration?
(05-02-2017, 03:24 AM)clasqm Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 10:22 AM)bbjimmy Wrote: I have added many new tags and am in the process of better documentation:

I've been thinking of how I can add HTML preview to Rondel and it looks like you did half the work already. Can I look at your code for inspiration?

HTML is much more of a challenge. I did a small sub-set and found it to be more work than I expected, and still didn't get it quite right. HelpViewer is set-up to format the text to the size of the view, but it needs to parse the file to do that.

It is not in very good shape, I should have used your yabadabadoo!

Attached Files
.zip   code.zip (Size: 8.25 KB / Downloads: 2)
Sounds like a way to do a web browser in yab :-)

(04-24-2017, 09:34 AM)clasqm Wrote: * Updates to the YabAssistant help data, shameslessly stolen from the Official yab IDE

It is not a shame, just the way using things already completed.
Lelldorin: A static HTML viewer is enough of a challenge. Once you start on CSS, javascript and networking support you get into a whole new world of complexity.

Bbjimmy, thanks!
(05-02-2017, 11:43 AM)clasqm Wrote: Lelldorin: A static HTML viewer is enough of a challenge. Once you start on CSS, javascript and networking support you get into a whole new world of complexity.

Bbjimmy, thanks!

I know that, so the smile.
Photo 
I work since 2015 at a new ide. Today I put a current state online. This version is for testing and collecting ideas.

YabDevelopment Studio

[Image: 2017-05-06_yabDS.png]

https://discuss.haiku-os.org/t/new-proje...tudio/5626
Congratulations! the more yab developer tools we have, the better. Let me play around with it for a while, and I'll see if I can write a new chapter on this in the ebook.
(04-24-2017, 09:34 AM)clasqm Wrote: A major rewrite of the Yabadabbadoo IDE (0.4.1) is now up on the repo.

Beta 4 brings in the following features:

I am having issues with yabadabado, if one presses the New Sub button and choses to Cancel, he is sent into an endless loop that requires killing yabadabado to get out of.
(05-07-2017, 12:16 PM)bbjimmy Wrote: I am having issues with yabadabado, if one presses the New Sub button and choses to Cancel, he is sent into an endless loop that requires killing yabadabado to get out of.

Thanks for the report. I'll look into it.

LATER: I think I found the problem. Fix will be in the next version.