spamers on the forum wih and without account activation
please hold the forum clean of spamers and spam posts. many userers are not really users. do not allow Users to post without activation and take look on tge Users before activating there accounts.

i actually see minimum 28 users they can ve banned or kicked. i do ghis years on haikuware, it is many work
I agree with lelldorin. The Cyrillic spam on this forum is very irritating.

PS I see now that I have moderator status. Assuming that was not a mistake. I am going to make use of that and ban spammers. I will run anything in a foreign language through Google translate. if it is spam I will ban that user. Of course spammers just come back with a different ID, but we need to do something.

Jim, if my status was an error, you can revert it, no hard feelings.
(07-15-2015, 04:06 AM)clasqm Wrote: I agree with lelldorin. The Cyrillic spam on this forum is very irritating.

PS I see now that I have moderator status. Assuming that was not a mistake. I am going to make use of that and ban spammers. I will run anything in a foreign language through Google translate. if it is spam I will ban that user. Of course spammers just come back with a different ID, but we need to do something.

i think a little bit harder. english is the main language and the active yab devs are english speaking, so all posts in other languages who looks like up of topic need to remove to hold the forum free for people who wants to learn or help.

who spam or not right here to stay need to be kicked, most time it will be better to ban them
(07-15-2015, 04:37 AM)lelldorin Wrote:
(07-15-2015, 04:06 AM)clasqm Wrote: I agree with lelldorin. The Cyrillic spam on this forum is very irritating.

i think a little bit harder. english is the main language and the active yab devs are english speaking, so all posts in other languages who looks like up of topic need to remove to hold the forum free for people who wants to learn or help.

who spam or not right here to stay need to be kicked, most time it will be better to ban them

The mod status was no mistake. These spammers needed to be registered and the account activated to post. Their accounts and their posts have now been deleted.

Unfortunately, spam is an on-going issue with forums everywhere and this board doesn't have the best controls.
(07-15-2015, 09:51 AM)bbjimmy Wrote:
(07-15-2015, 04:37 AM)lelldorin Wrote:

The mod status was no mistake. These spammers needed to be registered and the account activated to post. Their accounts and their posts have now been deleted.

Unfortunately, spam is an on-going issue with forums everywhere and this board doesn't have the best controls.

This is the point there you need Moderators, to help remove unike post and ban spamers