system$ command and return values & button disable
Hello readers,

[haiku hrev48444 gcc2hy]
[yab 1.72]

i revived an old unfinished project from 2009 at BeGeistert meeting where i tried to start programming with yab with a lot of help from lorglas and lelldorin of besly.de.

[1]
Now i want to play with system$ command (and what it gives back) in my little project.
My application is a GUI for a command line application known as muscled, the base of all BeShare-driven networks.
Main goal for me is to learn how to programm with yab in the right manner, and i'm now on a point where i could need help.
Starting the muscle-daemon is comparable with the top command. Both written in C/C++.
Top gives return values continuously to the user (refreshes all 5 seconds). The muscled also gives feedback as long as it runs.
For now i open a terminal window where the user can follow the server messages [ see attached screenshot ] but i would like to have that messages placed best within my application in a VIEW, because when a user monkeys with that Terminal window and close it, the daemon is stopped and my application does not notice that.
My question: is there a way to "pipe" the output from another cli program into a VIEW. Anyone here who can show me a little code snipped as exaple with the top command?

[2]
Is it possible to set a BUTTON visible but disabled in yab? I want to prevent the user to press the config button while server is running, so i want to disable (but keep visible) that button during server is running [ see attached screenshot ].

[Image: noideahowtoinclude_small.png]

Thanks for your attention!
prOSy
One processor per person is not enough!
JLG

Messages In This Thread
system$ command and return values & button disable - by prOSy - 09-10-2015, 02:18 AM