system$ command and return values & button disable
(09-10-2015, 02:56 AM)clasqm Wrote: On the button issue, that is easy

Code:
option set "copyButton", "enabled", 0
Thanks a lot. Already done, works perfect!

Quote:Your other issue is trickier. ... You want a continuous display, like a log, am I right?
Yes, indeed. that would be the N°1 solution, if possible.

Quote:I would redirect the muscled output to a logfile.
Paste that onto the view, leave it for a second, wipe the view and repeat. It will flicker badly and if you get more than ten lines of output in a second you will lose information. But you can always have a function on the menu to display the entire logfile.
Good hint, which led me to another possibility. I could wirte log-messages always to a logfile and if user needs to look at that log, a button with system(tail -f ~/.logfile.log) or so opens a Terminal window and enables a look to the file.
And if that window should be inadvertently closed it would not harm my application.

Quote:Anybody else? If there is a way to pipe a Unix stream directly into, say, a listbox, I'm all ears.
I'm all ears too! (-:

Quote:Another approach would be to use the hey command to remove the tab from your Terminal window. That makes it a bit harder for the user to close it down. Also harder to move it around, so also use hey to position it somewhere in a corner and resize it.
A nice possibility too. From what i've seen i have to dig into that hey stuff.

It seems i have a little bit longer to think about it and to test various solutions.
Anyway, thanks again, clasqm!

prOSy
One processor per person is not enough!
JLG

Messages In This Thread
RE: system$ command and return values & button disable - by prOSy - 09-11-2015, 12:55 AM