Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tabs on the side!
09-18-2017, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2017 03:15 PM by bbjimmy.)
tabs on the side!
Thanks yo a PR by KapiX, We now can use the new side-tab feature.

[Image: sidetabs.png]

tabview 10,60 to 530,390, "Box", "left", "Win"

One must use the get the latest yab script ... http://yab.orgfree.com/GetLatest-yab.zip and have a really recent version of haiku to use this.

Fat Elk Sortware
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2017, 06:48 PM
RE: tabs on the side!
Well, better to have it and not use it, than not to have it. But it looks like bad UI to me. I was tilting my head sideways to read the labels. Perhaps if we could tweak the labels to read
L
i
k
e

t
h
i
s

it would look more natural. Hmm, petition Unicode for an alphabet twisted through 90 degrees?
09-19-2017, 12:21 AM
I agree, but the tab is not part of yab, it is part of hailu's ui. yab has been modified to use it properly. We may need a ticket for this at Haiku-os.org.

Fat Elk Sortware
11-17-2017, 03:19 AM
(09-18-2017 06:48 PM)clasqm Wrote:  Well, better to have it and not use it, than not to have it. But it looks like bad UI to me. I was tilting my head sideways to read the labels. Perhaps if we could tweak the labels to read
L
i
k
e

t
h
i
s

it would look more natural. Hmm, petition Unicode for an alphabet twisted through 90 degrees?

i does not apply, because writing on this way used more space and the tabs will be higher. I like it as it is.

Writning hirizontal makes only sense if the tab is bright as the text. On zeta was this part of the tabs.
Find all posts by this user