tabs on the side!
Thanks yo a PR by KapiX, We now can use the new side-tab feature.

[Image: sidetabs.png]

tabview 10,60 to 530,390, "Box", "left", "Win"

One must use the get the latest yab script ... http://yab.orgfree.com/GetLatest-yab.zip and have a really recent version of haiku to use this.
Well, better to have it and not use it, than not to have it. But it looks like bad UI to me. I was tilting my head sideways to read the labels. Perhaps if we could tweak the labels to read
L
i
k
e

t
h
i
s

it would look more natural. Hmm, petition Unicode for an alphabet twisted through 90 degrees?
I agree, but the tab is not part of yab, it is part of hailu's ui. yab has been modified to use it properly. We may need a ticket for this at Haiku-os.org.
(09-18-2017, 02:48 AM)clasqm Wrote: Well, better to have it and not use it, than not to have it. But it looks like bad UI to me. I was tilting my head sideways to read the labels. Perhaps if we could tweak the labels to read
L
i
k
e

t
h
i
s

it would look more natural. Hmm, petition Unicode for an alphabet twisted through 90 degrees?

i does not apply, because writing on this way used more space and the tabs will be higher. I like it as it is.

Writning hirizontal makes only sense if the tab is bright as the text. On zeta was this part of the tabs.