Could Someone Give me Advice on Planning a Sustainable Community Garden?
Hello there,

I am reaching out to this knowledgeable community for some advice and insights on planning a sustainable community garden in my neighborhood. Our goal is to create a space where local residents can come together to grow their own food; foster a sense of community; and promote sustainability.

What are the most important factors to consider when choosing a location for the garden? We are looking at a few vacant lots; but I am not sure what to prioritize beyond soil quality and sunlight.

Are there any design principles or layouts that work particularly well for community gardens? We are hoping to maximize space and ensure it is accessible for all community members; including those with disabilities.

What sustainable gardening practices would you recommend we implement from the start? We are interested in composting; rainwater harvesting; and organic gardening; but I am sure there are other methods we have not considered.

How have you successfully engaged your community in similar projects? We are thinking about organizing workshops and volunteer days; but I would love to hear about any creative ideas or effective strategies that have worked for you.

Also; I have gone through this post: https://yab.orgfree.com/forum/archive/in...d-133.htmlminitab which definitely helped me out a lot.

Does anyone have experience securing funding or resources for community gardens? 

Thankyou in advance for your help and assistance.