yab for Haiku x86_64?
What the title says. Has anyone managed to compile this? I tried the lastest_yab script but ran into more makefile and compiler issues than my limited skills could handle.

I am looking to diversify my repo to x86_64 and would love to have yab apps there. Even if I can just have yab without the IDE package that would be great.
I don't have a 64 bit computer to try it on.
https://github.com/bbjimmy/YAB/commit/c1...39a9823bcb Fixes the x86_64 build of yab thanks to korli and his patchset.
Great news, thanks!
It works. Using the latest_yab script I have compiled yab for x86_64. Towards the end flex seemed stuck in an infinite loop with one processor permanently at 100%, but it looks like everything was compiled before that happened.

Now how do we bring the benefits of our glorious civilization to this impoverished platform? Perhaps I can just make a runtime package with the yab binary and the libyab library. Program distribution will then be in bound or script form only until we can do some thorough testing on the Buildfactory. Then, when the official yab package appears on HaikuPorts, probably with the next version's numbering, it will overwrite my caretaker package.

bbjimmy, your thoughts?
I need a 64bit computer to test and get buildfactory working so at this point it's bound programs or scripts.
Well, this is weird. If you look at my latest blog post here you will see that my program Trope shrinks considerably in the X axis when running on x86_64. Yep, it is exactly the same code. Script or bound, makes no difference.

Do we have a peek to show which architecture we are running on? Then I can just add 150 pixels to the window dimensions if I detect the 64 bit version.
No, I don't see such a peek. SYSTEM$("getarch") it is, then.
(04-21-2017, 04:20 PM)clasqm Wrote: No, I don't see such a peek. SYSTEM$("getarch") it is, then.

Does peek("desktopwidth") return a different number on x86_64 than on x86_gcc2?
(04-22-2017, 10:03 AM)bbjimmy Wrote: Does peek("desktopwidth") return a different number on x86_64 than on x86_gcc2?

No. Here is gcc2:
[Image: peek_x86_gcc2.png]

and here is x86_64:

[Image: peek_x86_64.png]